The Iron and Steel Applied Research Unit URASM/CRTI ANNABA is responsible for implementing the research programs
necessary for the development of processes related to steel and metallurgical processes.
In addition to its main mission, it provides technological support activities to industries through studies, training and expertise:
- Expertise in the field of metallurgy and associated technologies:
- Training in steel technology (production process, product characterization, measurement...):
- Technology transfer by disseminating technological know-how to support companies in their development projects:
- Physico-chemical analysis (ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratory):
- Mechanical Testing (ISO / IEC 17025 accredited laboratory).
The unit’s strategy for its future development revolves around the setting up of a scheme based on a research program specifically geared to the technological development of steel and metallurgy by undertaking studies and research in the following areas:
- The production of steels.
- Processing of iron ores.
- Valorization of steel co-products.
- Monitoring and evaluation of processes and products.